Monday, January 08, 2007

about unfinished thoughts

I have 21 draft posts. Some of the subject lines appear vaguely interesting. Today I wondered whether I would ever finish them.

Things like this make me wonder whether I have the attention span of a gnat. I also wonder whether one's attention span could be measured. I googled the question and was bored with the answer.

More interesting is the answer to What is a Gnat? Even more interesting is the answer to Where did I get the word Gnat? Was it the bible? I dimly recall a Plague of Gnats in Exodus. Has there ever been a plague of gnats? Did the translator of my bible experience angst when faced with the choice of Gnat or Louse? Are Gnats more fear-inspiring than Lice?

I am quite scared of lice. They are indiscriminate. When one houses them, one is properly described as Infested.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger malcolmx said...

more. i demand that the 21 drafts are seen through to fruition and completion. now.

(or at least before the next swp mt - on which i will have 3 selections and molly 1)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home