Wednesday, February 15, 2006

about caffeine


This is caffeine. I like caffeine. I like that it is bitter and mildly addictive.

It makes "I" go after "E". Official grammar pundits say it's "I" before "E" except after "C". Does the beginning "C" in caffeine count as "after"? An argument could be made that the rule doesn't say "immediately after", so maybe it does. However, I don't think that it's in caffeine's nature to be bound by the rules of da man, and i say that it's grammatically incorrect.

Today I have had a regular skinny cafe mocha with an extra shot($4.20), and I am about to go down to 7/11 and purchase 2x Red Bulls ($4.00). Over the course of a working year of 48 weeks this is $1,968.00 spent on my fix. At face value this would seem to be less than the amount spent by a heroin addict, but my life expectancy is far longer, and averaged out over the course of our respective working lives, I think I ultimately spend more. This however is mere supposition, and if i were to take the step of objectively psychshrinking myself, I would adjudge it a naive attempt to make myself seem more alluring by virtue of being afflicted.

4 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I cannot believe you are a blog nerd.... Oh and I checked out 'Cat' on the web, am very interested, can you tape for me?

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where do you purchase that regular skinny cafe mocha with a double shot? not from starbucks i hope!

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find you quite alluring, affliction or no.

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now you've got to flip the coin and compare heroin :) i reckon it'll be more fun, less productive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home